If you've been injured in a car accident, you may want to consider acupuncture to treat your car accident injuries. Dr. Blomdahl and Dr. Zaker at Maple Grove Family Chiropractic in Maple Grove, MN, have years of experience treating auto accident injury patients with acupuncture.
What Is Acupuncture?
During an acupuncture treatment, our chiropractors will insert thin needles into your skin at strategic points. Acupuncture is a critical component of traditional Chinese medicine and is most commonly used to treat pain, increase energy, and improve the body’s natural healing process.
Acupuncture Appointment at Maple Grove Family Chiropractic
Our chiropractor will identify the acupuncture points to be stimulated based on the condition you are suffering from. Sometimes, the appropriate points are far from the area where you are feeling pain.
- Our chiropractor will insert acupuncture needles to different depths at strategic points on your body. Since the needles are so thin, there is little discomfort. Some people don't feel the needles at all. A typical treatment consists of 5-20 needles.
- Next, our chiropractor will gently move or twirl the acupuncture needles or apply heat or mild electrical pulses to the needles.
- The needles will stay in place for 10-20 minutes. Then, our chiropractor will remove the needles.
How Does Acupuncture Treat Car Accident Injuries?
- Reduces inflammation
- Increases blood flow to injured areas
- Lessens the brain's perception of pain by inhibiting pain signals
- Boosts the immune system
- Minimizes the side effects of drugs
- Reduces internal and external scarring
- Helps the body create new tissue
- Improves organ function
What Does Acupuncture Treat
Car accidents lead to more than broken bones and organ damage – they cause hidden injuries that can lead to long-term pain and inflammation, like persistent neck pain caused by whiplash. Acupuncture can treat a wide variety of car accident injuries, including:
- Musculoskeletal pain (neck and back pain)
- Migraine and tension headaches caused by physical and psychological stress
- Post-operative pain from surgery
- Insomnia, which is commonly reported after car accidents
- Chronic pain that lingers after an accident
- Stress and anxiety, something that many people experience after an accident
Acupuncture in Maple Grove, MN
At Maple Grove Family Chiropractic, we will work with you to come up with a treatment plan custom-tailored for your needs and recovery process. Dr. Blomdhal and Dr. Zaker are experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of car accident injury treatment and will determine if acupuncture is the right treatment method for you. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us at (763) 777-5461.