Lower Back Pain Treatment
It seems as if just about everybody experiences low back pain on occasion. Some people suffer it more often than others. It can even get to the point that it disrupts a person's daily activities. Don't let lower back pain interfere with your life. If you live in or around Maple Grove MN, visit us here at Maple Grove Family Chiropractic for back pain treatment by a chiropractor from our clinic. Like our other lower back pain patients, you'll likely experience reduced pain and improved range of motion and mobility.
Lower Back Structure
The lower back area is technically called the lumbar spine. It consists of five bones known as vertebrae, and it's the structural center of the upper body. Between each of those vertebrae is a disc consisting of tough fibers with a gelatinous substance known as the nucleus pulposus inside of each disc. Those discs act as cushions when we walk, sit, stand, jump or run. Behind those discs are facet joints that help the vertebrae with each other. Then, there are the tendons, ligaments, and muscles that aid in maintaining the stability of the spine and help to protect the spinal cord.
Common Causes of Lower Back Pain
Any number of conditions or injuries can cause lower back pain. Here are a few of them that a chiropractor from our clinic might treat:
- Strains and Sprains: Strains involving muscles and tendons and sprains involving ligaments or often classified as sports injuries. They involve tiny microscopic tears of tissue from trauma or overuse.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: This is typically part of the aging process when discs begin to harden and fail to provide the shock absorption that they did in the past.
- Displaced Vertebra: A lumbar vertebra might become displaced by trauma or repetitive strain. This can cause a spinal disc to become displaced too, putting painful pressure on a nearby spinal nerve.
- Herniated Disc: The band around a lumbar disc might break, and if it does, the nucleus pulposus will leak out and put painful pressure on a nearby spinal nerve.
- Sciatica: This is a common condition that we provide lower back pain treatment for. The pain typically starts at or near the spine, travels across to the buttocks and down a leg. Sciatica can cause disabling pain and discomfort.
Contact Us for Lower Back Pain Relief
If you suffer from lower back pain, contact us at Maple Grove Chiropractic Clinic here in Maple Grove MN for an appointment. A chiropractor from our clinic will examine you and determine the source of your lower back pain. Then, we can discuss an individualized treatment plan specifically for you. Our goal is to reduce or eliminate your pain while restoring your full mobility. Call us today at (763) 777-5461 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.