Sports injuries can ruin your ability to play as you want to. If you have a sports injury, don’t let it take a toll on you. Visit a chiropractor on our chiropractic care team at Maple Grove Family Chiropractic in Maple Grove, MN, to help get back on your feet as soon as possible. Here are some questions we might receive regarding sports injury.
What Are Common Sports Injuries?
Some of the common sports injuries include:
- Pulled muscles: This occurs when muscle fibers tear or stretch due to improper warm-up, overexertion, or sudden movements.
- Ligament sprains: This happens when ligaments connecting bones are torn or stretched. This might cause one to search for rehabilitation to strengthen surrounding muscles or for joint stability.
Other common complications are tendonitis, stress fractures, plantar fasciitis, nerve impingement syndromes, bursitis, and more. A chiropractor on our chiropractic care team can help you to recover from a sports injury.
What Types of Techniques are Used for Sports Injury Recovery Rehabilitation?
Types of techniques that might be used during chiropractic rehabilitation include:
- Spinal manipulation: This technique improves spine alignment and seeks to help restore normal joint function and reduce pain.
- Joint mobilization: This technique involves manual therapy to apply specific movements on the affected joint to improve flexibility.
- Exercise rehabilitation: This approach includes; strengthening, stretching, stability, and proprioceptive excises.
We can form a personalized treatment plan tailored to each person’s unique situation. The plan can be formed based on symptoms, specific injury, and overall health to devise a combination of different styles to address the root cause of your sports injury.
Are There Benefits of Chiropractic Care in Sports Injury Recovery?
Chiropractic care is a non-invasive and drug-free treatment. We can use natural techniques to help alleviate pain, restore proper function, and promote natural healing. Our approach can also help with faster recovery and reduced healing time by addressing imbalances in the spine. This might lead to improved nerve functions, proper blood flow, and tissue repair.
Chiropractic care might also help enhance performance and prevents injuries. It can help athletes achieve improved strength.
Get Chiropractic Care form a Chiropractor on Our Team for a Pulled Muscle
If you have experienced a sports injury, don’t let fear or pain hold you back from returning to your routine. Visit our skilled chiropractic team at Maple Grove Family Chiropractic in Maple Grove, MN, for sports injury rehabilitation. You can also contact our team for any inquiries or to book an appointment. Call us at (763) 777-5461 for more information about chiropractic care and rehabilitation for a pulled muscle.