Hip Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Maple Grove, MN
Hip pain can make it impossible to complete simple activities, like walking or going up and down stairs. The pain may originate in the hip joint, but can also be caused by bursitis or tendinitis of the muscles surrounding the hip joint.
If you're suffering from hip pain, there are several things you can do to ease the discomfort and return to your everyday life. At Maple Grove Family Chiropractic in Maple Grove, MN, we'll help you find the best chiropractic care, so you don't have to suffer from the effects of hip pain any longer.
What Causes Hip Pain?
Several factors can cause hip pain. Some of the most common include:
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a common cause of hip pain, especially in older adults. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis are all types of arthritis that can cause hip pain.
- Bursitis: Bursitis is an inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs (bursae) that cushions the bones, muscles, and tendons around a joint. When the bursae become inflamed, they can cause pain in the hip joint.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is an inflammation of the tendons, the thick cords of tissue that attach muscles to bones. When the tendons become inflamed, they can cause pain in the hip joint.
- Muscle Strains: Muscle strains are a common cause of hip pain. The hip is a weight-bearing joint. In other words, it supports the weight of your body. This weight puts a lot of strain on the muscles and tendons around the joint, leading to pain.
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
If you're struggling with hip pain, our chiropractor can help. We provide various treatment options to ease pain and improve overall health. Some services we offer include those listed below:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments are a safe and effective way to relieve pain in the hip joint. Our chiropractor will use their hands to apply pressure to the joints in your hips, which will realign them. In addition, this will take the pressure off the muscles and tendons around the joint by realigning them back with the spine.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy is a great way to relieve muscle tension and pain. Our massage therapist will use their hands to manipulate the muscles in your hips, which will loosen them up and reduce pain.
- Exercise and Physical Therapy: Exercise and physical therapy are great ways to improve overall health and reduce pain. Our physical therapist will work with you to create a customized exercise plan to strengthen the muscles around your hip joint and improve your range of motion.
Feel Relief from Hip Pain at Maple Grove Family Chiropractic
If you're suffering from hip pain, don't wait to get help. Contact Maple Grove Family Chiropractic today to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor. We'll work with you to find the best treatment options for your needs. Call us today at (763) 777-5461 to schedule your appointment.