Scoliosis is a degenerative condition that can progress without care. While there are various forms of it, many people can notice a reduction in pain and improved function with proper treatment. At Maple Grove Family Chiropractic in Maple Grove, MN, we provide various treatments to relieve your discomfort and help you feel your best.
Scoliosis is a condition that occurs due to a curvature in the spine. A curved spine can lead to numerous problems as it worsens over time. It can cause inflammation and damage to the nerves, damage tissues, and make activities like walking or moving nearly impossible. With the help of comprehensive treatment, it may be possible to reduce the progression of this condition.
Symptoms of Scoliosis
A formal diagnosis from a doctor is necessary, however, a routine exam can often detect some signs of scoliosis. Along with that, certain symptoms can also indicate the condition. Some symptoms of scoliosis include:
- Back pain
- Muscular imbalances throughout the body
- Nerve compression
- Sciatic nerve pain, which causes pain that runs down the leg
- Uneven shoulders
- Postural imbalances
Scoliosis may be very mild or very severe. Many people with mild forms may go undiagnosed until they develop significant and often debilitating back pain.
How a Chiropractor Can Help with Scoliosis
When you visit us, we will provide an exam and discuss your symptoms with you. After, we’ll create a treatment plan for your specific needs. Your care plan may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments can improve the alignment of the spine, which can reduce nerve compression and alleviate pain.
- Improving joint mobility: Our team will utilize techniques and exercises that can help improve joint function and mobility.
- Flexibility and balance improvement: We work with you to improve posture, support your body’s natural flexibility and balance, and increase your range of motion.
Contact us for Treatment Today
If you’re experiencing any symptoms of scoliosis, our team at Maple Grove Family Chiropractic in Maple Grove, MN, can help. To learn more about our treatments or to schedule your appointment, contact our office at (763) 777-5461 today. When you need a chiropractor near me, we are happy to assist!